Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Chapter 2 - Interpretation and New Position


Yesterday involved was the most energy-draining day I have experienced. I nervously approached the king and explained the dream he had to him.

The dream was about a statue made from several different materials. The head was of gold, the chest and arms of silver, the belly and thighs of bronze, the legs of iron, and its feet were iron and clay mixed. A divine rock came and struck the statue to pieces, and the rock filled the whole earth. (A royal artist painted a picture of the king's description of the statue, shown at the right).

The head of gold is the current kingdom of Babylon. The chest, belly, legs, and feet are all successive kingdoms that will defeat the one previous to each respective kingdom. The feet represent a kingdom that will be divided and will be partly weak and partly strong. The rock that crushes the statue is the kingdom set up by God that will never pass away and will rule the whole earth.

This interpretation was not carried out by my power at all, but completely through the power of God. I was awe-struck that God had revealed to the king through me these events that had yet to take place. I was even more surprised when, after giving the king the interpretation, he bowed down before me and began to affirm my God as supreme. I told him not to give me any honor, but to give all credit to my God.

Because of this interpretation, the king put me in a high position of leadership over the kingdom (ruler over Babylon and all wise men). I wasn't going to leave my friends out in the cold, so I requested that they be made administrators over the province of Babylon. My new job called for me to remain in the court in the city.

If there ever were a time I should praise God and thank Him, now would be it. I am reminded of the patriarch Joseph, how he was placed in a position of leadership which allowed him to save the eleven other fathers of the tribes of Israel. I can only hope God has placed me in this position to do something of equal importance. I also thank God that this enemy that rules over us will not do so forever. On the other hand, the people that comes after this kingdom may govern my people in a worse way. If only I were to live until the day of the rock that smashes the statue in the king's dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment