Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Chapter 4 - The Return of the King

I was thankful to see the king who had been absent these seven years to finally walk through the doors of the palace (and on two feet, at that!). It appears he came to realize the truth that God has the power to take away anyone's power, even that of the most powerful man on earth. The king told me that he gave glory to God, and his mind was restored.

Although my people and I have learned to cope with our exile in Babylon, we long to return to our homeland, particularly Jerusalem. This fall from power by the Babylonian king is confirmation to my people (along with the other events that have happened to my three best friends and I) that God is still watching over us, and He will permanently dismantle the current government in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment