Monday, May 24, 2010

Chapter 8 - My Vision


It has been two years since the dream I had of the four beasts, and here I have had another vision concerning the future. Once again I will shorten it for the sake of space. I had the following dream several nights ago.

I was in Susa (in Elam) beside the Ulai Canal, and there I saw a ram with two horns that became great. Then a goat from the west came and shattered the horns of the west. It had a large horn that was broken off and replaced with four horns. One of them became great and proclaimed itself the Prince of the host, trampled the starry host, and the sanctuary brought low. A voice said this would all be carried out for 2300 evenings and mornings.

Then one named Gabriel told me the meaning of this vision. The ram represents Medo-Persia, and the goat represents Greece. The ruler from the four horns will be wicked and destroy the holy people, but he will be destroyed. Then Gabriel told me to seal this up, for it is in regards to the distant future. After the vision, I was distraught and ill in bed for several days, which is why I have not recorded it until now.

Have not the Hebrews suffered enough during the exile in this wretched land? Here it seems as if God will allow more devastation to take hold of us! Although, it appears that God will limit the persecution since it will not last forever. So I can find joy in this knowledge and praise God for not forsaking His people, for He is, always has been, and always will be in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment