Thursday, May 27, 2010

Chapter 9 - An Interrupted Prayer

I was praying to the Lord, and spending time in the book of the prophet Jeremiah, when it was made known to me that the desolation of Jerusalem would last seventy ears. I then confessed the sins of my people to God and asked for forgiveness.

Then Gabriel, the one who had come to me before, gave me another message of the future. He said there would be seventy 'sevens' to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring an everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy. He also said there will be seventy 'sevens' and sixty two 'sevens' from the issuing of the decree to rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One comes. Then the Anointed One will have nothing and there will be a covenant with many for one 'seven.' There will be an end to sacrifice, and an abomination that causes desolation until the end comes.

I was thankful for God's revelation of Jeremiah's words to me, but now I am lost as to what all I have now seen means. But there is one thing I am sure of: all suffering that is decreed for my people will not last forever. God has a plan to save us from our enemies, and His plans never fail, for He is in complete control.

No comments:

Post a Comment