Sunday, May 23, 2010

Chapter 7 - A Dream of My Own

I have gotten so used to interpreting the dreams of those around me that I was surprised when I had a dream of my own that I didn't understand. For the sake of time and space, I will condense what I remember.

Out of the great sea came four successive beasts: a lion with the wings of an eagle, a bear, a leopard with four wings and four heads, and another terrifying beast. The lion's wings were torn and it was made to be like a man. The bear had three ribs in its mouth and it was told to eat. The fourth beast was different from the others -- it had ten horns, one of which uprooted three others and was boastful. Then the Ancient of Days sat down and began His judgment, and the fourth beast was destroyed. Finally, a Son of Man was given authority, and all worshiped Him.

Then I asked what the dream meant. The four beasts were four kingdoms that would rise up, but then be destroyed. God's kingdom would last forever. The fourth kingdom will be different, taking the whole earth. One king will subdue three other kings and oppress the saints. But his authority will be taken and God's kingdom will take its place.

I was deeply troubled by this and had a difficulty getting back to sleep. I write this now, but I have not spoken about it to anyone. Regardless of being troubled, I am comforted in the fact that ultimate authority exists in heaven and God will eventually subdue all evil earthly kingdoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment